Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed
Twitter icon
Facebook icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon

U.S. Passport Service

Before visiting a foreign country, you should ensure that all your travel concerns are addressed. Here are a few of the most common questions my office receives that deal with passports:

If you would like my help with passport issue, please print out my Privacy Authorization Form and fax or mail it to my Norwich District office.

How can I renew my existing passport

How can I renew my existing passport?

You may renew your passport by mail if all of the following are true:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
  • Was issued within the last 15 years; and
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.  

Find more detailed information


I can't wait for the normal six week processing time of my application. Can I request an expedite?

Yes. For an additional fee, you can request expedite processing which normally takes trhee weeks.

Find additional information