2019 Open Enrollment
Open enrollment for Connecticut’s health insurance exchange, Access Health CT, is underway. If you already have coverage on the exchange or are looking for new insurance options, the staff at Access Health CT can help you find the right option for you, your family or your small business. Visit AccessHealthCT.com or call 1-855-805-4325.
You can help get the word out by sharing this information today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Has the law changed? No, the law has not changed. The Affordable Care Act still provides insurance options to Connecticut residents through Access Health CT, our state’s insurance marketplace. Contact Access Health CT to speak with a certified broker or enrollment specialist about your options at AccessHealthCT.com or 855-805-4325
When can I sign up? The Open Enrollment Period to sign up for insurance for 2019 begins November 1, 2017, and ends December 14, 2018, in CT. If you do not sign up for insurance between these dates, you will not be covered in 2019!
Do I need to buy insurance? Yes – not only does insurance protect against financial loss in the case of unexpected injury or illness, federal law requires that all Americans have qualifying insurance or pay a penalty.
If I’m enrolled through Access Health CT now, do I need to do anything? Plan options change every year, so it’s a good idea to log on to AccessHealthCT.com to shop for new options and compare plans. There may be a better fit for you or your family available this year.
How do I sign up? Help is free! To speak to a certified enrollment specialist about what plan is best for you, you can call 855-805-4325 and visit AccessHealthCT.com. You can also visit any of the enrollment locations listed below.
Additionally, help is available through community health centers located throughout eastern Connecticut:
- Groton Senior Center. Walk in only during the hours of 9:30 am- 4 pm
- Generations Family Health Center Willimantic. Make an appointment by calling 860-450-7471 extension 6305
- Generations Family Health Center Norwich. Make an appointment by calling 860-885-1308 extension 3014
- Generations Family Health Center Danielson. Make an appointment by calling 860-774-7501 extension 2035
- Generations Family Health Center Putnam. Make an appointment by calling 860-963-7917 extension 4104